Future Filmmakers Workshop focuses on the processes that take place in filmmaking. From the idea to the end product and further. The topics are: Research and development, Pre-production, Production, Post-production, Marketing/Promotion and Distribution. What happens in those stages, who is who, how to communicate, when to move from one stage to another, financial construction, networking...With the guest speakers we will help you better understand the connections between all the stages in filmmaking. On theoretical and practical examples we will present you the pros and cons of the work and reveal sometimes inconvenient truth behind the filmmakers life and work. By having a good overview over the processes that take place in filmmaking the odds will be in your favour.
Future Filmmakers Workshop is an intensive three day program about the various stages and the processes that take place in filmmaking. It is based on the Producers workshop at the Marche du Film in Cannes. Marche du Film is a part of the Cannes Film Festival that takes place every year in May. It is one of the biggest and most important film festival in the world. Future Filmmakers workshop in Berlin is intended for career seeking individuals, job trainees, students and all that want or are already pursuing a highly challenging and competitive career path in Filmmaking. The strong point of the workshop will be communication, building up credibility and personality. The motto of the filmmakers workshop is "IF YOU CAN DREAM IT YOU CAN MAKE IT".
TOPIC OF THE WORKSHOP
GUEST SPEAKERS AND HOST
JOHANN- ODIN SCHMEJKAL
FACTS AND FIGURES
Trendelenburgstraße 15, 14057 Berlin. 2 min. walk from the bus station Kuno-Fischer-St. Wheelchair access, free parking place.
Four day workshop will be scheduled after the Berlinale 2018. FFW will happen in end of May. We will have informational days so you can meet and speak with filmmaker Vasja Mihelcic who will present you the program.
You have to be 18 years old and speak and read in English to participate. The payment of the Future Filmmakers Workshop is made when the minimum participants is reached. You will then receive the invoice. After payment you will receive the badge and further instruction. There is a limited amount of space available.
By using the registration form you agree to participate in the chosen course. You will receive a confirmation of your participation via Email with payment instructions(Invoice). The workshop scripts and narration is in english. Booking of the workshops works on first come first serve basis. If you have any further questions before applying we are at your disposal. Just use the standard CONTACT form.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(1) The range of workshop course offered by the provider is a non-binding offer to the client to enter into a contract. By sending the registration form, the client is making a binding offer to contract.
(2) Registration for workshop may be made by registration form on the internet site of the provider. By registering, the participant acknowledges the applicability of these conditions of participation. Registrations are processed on a first-come-first- served basis.
(3) The provider may accept this offer within 7 days by confirming registration. The provider will inform the client by e-mail if registration cannot be accepted, e.g. because the maximum number of participants has been reached or the participant doesn't meet the necessary requirements for the program.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
(1) The workshop participant undertakes to pay the costs set for the workshop. After all the requirements are meet the participant will receive an invoice and two copy of his/her registration form signed by the provider. One of the copies of the registration form will be returned signed from the side of the participant to the provider on the first day of the course. The participant can see the amount of costs due under the workshop offerings listed at https://www.inbetweenmedia.de/ and on the application form he or she signed as well as the invoice that serves as enrollment confirmation. Payment of the course entitles the participant to take part in our course. All payments must be rendered in the form of wire transfers to the workshop course content provider’s bank account as listed on the enrollment confirmation and/or invoice and must not incur any extra charges for the provider. The invoice must be payed three days before the start of the course.
(2) The obligation to pay exists irrespective of actual participation in the workshop course unless participation is not possible due to reasons attributable to the provider. The client’s statutory right to withdraw from the contract shall remain unrestricted.
(3) In the event of delayed payment, we will be entitled to charge interest on arrears of 5 percentage points over the base interest rate of the European Central Bank. In legal transactions between undertakings, the interest rates shall be 8 percentage points over the base interest rate. In the event that we assert a claim for higher losses due to delayed payment, the purchaser will be given an opportunity to prove that the loss due to delayed payment was not incurred at all or was considerably lower than claimed.
(4) The prices stated on the provider’s website current at the time when the contract is entered into shall apply. Prices include statutory value- added tax applicable at the time.
CANCELING/WITHDRAWING FROM THE WORKSHOP
(1) Canceling or withdrawing from a workshop course must be done in writing. This causes administrative expenditure. The following formula shall apply:
Should a participant cancel/withdraw from a workshop course up to 14 days before its start, he or she shall receive a full refund, minus an administrative fee of €20.00. For cancelations/withdrawals up to 1 week before the scheduled start, participants shall receive a 60% refund. For cancelations/withdrawals after this point, 50% will be charged unless the organiser is able to fill the vacant spot.
(2) It is possible to send a substitute for the registered participant if such substitute matching the target group is nominated, attends the workshop and pays the course fee. The provider shall be informed of the substitute in writing without delay.
(3) The mentors (workshop instructors) will be entitled to discharge workshop participants and terminate their participation prematurely in the event of misconduct during workshops, inability to master workshop contents and processes, or provocative behavior.
In such cases, workshop participants shall only be entitled to a refund of the prorated fee for workshop times not attended. No further claims by participants will be recognized. Participants will not be entitled to certificates in such cases.
CANCELATION OF THE WORKSHOP
(1) The provider reserves the right to cancel workshop course no later than 5 days before the scheduled date in the event that the minimum number of participants has not been reached or for other material reasons beyond the provider’s control (e.g. unexpected illness of speaker, force majeure). In such a case, the workshop course content provider will notify participants promptly that the workshop course has been canceled or postponed.
(2) In the event of cancelation, fees already paid shall be refunded. Any further liability and claims for indemnification which do not concern damage to life, body or health shall be excluded unless due to intent or gross negligence. No liability will be assumed for indirect losses, including, without being limited to, lost profit or third-party claims.
(3) If necessary, the provider shall be entitled to make changes or alterations to the workshop course contents, methodology and organization before or during the event as long as these do not cause any significant changes to the benefit of the scheduled event for the participants. The provider shall be entitled to replace the scheduled speakers by other speakers qualified in respect of the workshop course contents for material reasons such as illness or accident. Claims for damages from this title shall be excluded.
RIGHT OF USE
(1) Upon the full and successful completion of a workshop course, participants will receive acknowledgement and/or proof of participation in the form of a certificate/letter of intent.
No certificate or letter of intent will be distributed unless a participant has completely fulfilled all requirements of the workshop course indicated on the certificate.
(2) A certificate is included in the cost of the workshop course. Participants must pay €10.00 for later changes to a certificate or letter of intent, as well as for requests for an additional certificate/letter of intent because the original one has, for instance, been lost.
(3) No legal claim exists on guest speakers, host or in between media® Berlin regarding recognition of the certificates of completion issued by us for participation in our training.
(4) The provider retains the rights to all content published on this website (images, text, etc.). Any such content may be reproduced by third parties only with the written approval of the provider.
(5) Workshop course participants should be aware that all scripts, workshop course materials, received during their workshop course are subject to current copyright laws. The distribution and/or further use of learning materials —for educational purposes, for instance—as well as reproduction in any manner whatsoever is prohibited. In addition, the resale or further distribution of workshop course materials is not permitted.
(1) In the event of slight negligence in the fulfillment of duties the provider’s liability and the liability of his vicarious agents shall be limited to the direct average loss which is foreseeable and typical of the contract. We will not assume any liability for our vicarious agents in the event of slight negligence in the fulfillment of duties which are not material to the contract and do not jeopardize the performance thereof.
(2) The above limitation of liability does not apply to product liability claims or guarantee claims as well as claims arising in the event of damage to body and health or death.
(3) The provider does not assume any liability for any success expected from the workshop course (such as admission to exams, passing of exams etc.) by the participants.
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION